Many sites allow you to create a free website or a blog without writing a single line of coding. However, WordPress stands out due to an easy user interface, feature-loaded framework, a vast community of developers, and search engine friendly pages. This article acts as a guide to help you get started with your first blog or a website.
- Visit: https://wordpress.com/
- Click on Get Started
- Fill in the fields appropriately. (You can also skip this step)
- Enter a few keywords or name to check which one is available. Try it until you get your favorite name. Then click on “Select” button in Free plan.
6. Enter your email id, username, and password. (You can choose a username that is different from your domain name.)
7. You will receive a confirmation email. Confirm your email id, and login into your WordPress dashboard.
WordPress is equipped with various powerful features. You need to invest some time and explore them. I advise you to take one step at a time to avoid confusion. Start with writing your first post about your favorite topic and share it on social media. With time, you can improve the design, add new pages, and include more features.
Want to learn more about WordPress website development? Check out the following blogs:
Do you still have questions? Write them into comments, and I will help you develop your first site effortlessly.