Starting a blog is one of the most effective ways to increase your website’s visibility. However, everyone who ever attended a digital marketing course knows that writing an article is one thing and optimizing it to match search engines’ requirements is a completely different type of work. Luckily, you do not have to be an SEO expert to handle this properly. Nowadays there are dozens of great SEO plugins that can do this complicated work for you.
If you are using the WordPress CMS platform to manage your website, the number one SEO plugin you should try is Yoast SEO. Add it to your WordPress for great results. It will handle your keywords, links, run different readability checks. Also, it will offer suggestions on how to improve, handle your technical stuff, and much more. Take a look at all the benefits of using the Yoast SEO plugin and how you can use them to improve your ranking.
One of the most important benefits of the Yoast SEO plugin is that it lets you handle your keywords
Writing an article for your website is not too complicated. One good content writing course should be enough to get you going. Still, if you want your article to fulfill its purpose, you need to know how to focus on specific keywords. Moreover, you need to know how often to use those keywords. It’s important to know where to place them so that they look natural.
When Google looks at your page, it wants to know what it is about. It does this by looking at your keywords and all related synonyms. One of the advantages of using this plugin is that it helps you to keep track of your keyword number, synonyms, and placement and make necessary adjustments with ease.
Finding internal links for your posts has never been easier
When Google wants to learn about your website it scans many different things. Still, one of the things that it specifically focuses on is your internal link structure. Unfortunately, if you haven’t gone through ECT training institute digital marketing courses, knowing how to organize your internal link structure can be rather confusing. You need to know how to pick a good anchor text, what pages are important to be linked to, how many links to put in an article, and more.
Moreover, searching for a suitable page to link to can be very frustrating and time-consuming. Yoast premium version, on the other hand, can handle this complicated task for you. It will analyze your articles and give you suggestions to similar posts on your website. This will ensure that your website is properly optimized and it will greatly speed up the process of creating an article.
Change your page title and description with ease
Another important thing that most people do not pay attention to is how your website appears on Google’s result page. The advantage of using the Yoast SEO plugin is that it lets you add a custom title to your page and an optimized description in a quick and easy way. Also, it gives you a preview of how it will all look. Finally, a premium version will allow you to see how your page will look when you share it on Facebook or Twitter.
Help search engine robots index your posts
Even though high-quality content is probably the most important part of your website, there is also a lot of other stuff that you need to handle if you want Google to index your page. You need to ensure your site running smoothly, handle the visual side, manage your robots.txt and .htaccess files, clean up your URLs, and keep an updated sitemap. A lot of work, but not if you are using the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin. Of course, it won’t handle everything. But Google search robots will have a much easier task crawling through your website.
If you want to make your articles easier to read, use Yoast SEO plugin
Today’s internet users do not have a habit to read. Despite, longer articles often rank very well on Google. The catch here is to make your article easier to read. This means using shorter sentences, shorter paragraphs, transition words, subheadings, etc.
Of course, if you haven’t had an opportunity to attend a communication skills course, keeping track of all these things will not be easy. Fortunately, Yoast SEO free version will do a readability check of your article. It will give you a full report and signal the things you need to improve. This includes sentence length, paragraph length, subheadings distribution, sentence variety, and more. If you have any weak points the plugin will highlight it so you can quickly and easily make necessary changes. Moreover, you will get an overall reading score that will show how difficult it is to read your article and an explanation on how to improve it.
Another of the benefits of the Yoast SEO plugin premium version is that it helps you identify most commonly used words and phrases
After you finish your article, it is good to take a look at the content and identify the most commonly used words and phrases. Premium version lets you take a look at 5 words and combinations that you used most. That way you can easily see if they match the topic of your article or you have to make adjustments. Of course, your goal is to have them connected to your topic. That way Google can easily find out what you are talking about in your article and index it in similar searches as well.
No other plugin can match Yoast SEO
There are other similar plugins online but neither can match the benefits of the Yoast SEO plugin. Moreover, it has a lot of other options that you can exploit to your advantage. Install it to your website today. You will quickly see how easy it is to make great improvements in your website’s rankings and visits.
Photo used: https://pixabay.com/photos/blogging-typing-wordpress-macbook-2620148/
Many sites allow you to create a free website or a blog without writing a single line of coding. However, WordPress stands out due to an easy user interface, feature-loaded framework, a vast community of developers, and search engine friendly pages. This article acts as a guide to help you get started with your first blog or a website.
- Visit: https://wordpress.com/
- Click on Get Started
- Fill in the fields appropriately. (You can also skip this step)
- Enter a few keywords or name to check which one is available. Try it until you get your favorite name. Then click on “Select” button in Free plan.
5. Click on “Start with Free.”
6. Enter your email id, username, and password. (You can choose a username that is different from your domain name.)
7. You will receive a confirmation email. Confirm your email id, and login into your WordPress dashboard.
8. Congratulations! your first site is ready. You can now use relevant links in the left panel to add new pages, blog posts, or customize the design of your site.
WordPress is equipped with various powerful features. You need to invest some time and explore them. I advise you to take one step at a time to avoid confusion. Start with writing your first post about your favorite topic and share it on social media. With time, you can improve the design, add new pages, and include more features.
Want to learn more about WordPress website development? Check out the following blogs:
How to create a responsive website?
How to register a domain name on GoDaddy?
A guide to buy a server or web hosting?
How to install WordPress on your web server?
How to change design and layout of a site: Working with WordPress themes
Do you still have questions? Write them into comments, and I will help you develop your first site effortlessly.
When it comes to designing a website, it makes sense to learn the difference between TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes. As you probably know, these two website template services are believed to live up to the expectations of novices and professional web developers. Both TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes are famous for their revolutionary approach to the live customization, the drag-and-drop functionality, and the social media optimization. What is more, TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes have been around on the web market for quite some time already and have won a reputation for quality. As you can see, the services under consideration have a lot in common.
At the same time, there are quite a few key factors that predetermine the striking difference between TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes. That is why we have decided to contrast the two website templates services to see what makes them stand out in the web market.
Spoiler Alert: If you are running low on time, then feel free to skip the main body. Go directly to the Conclusion section. This is where you find the table in which we summarized all the main factors about TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes.
TemplateMonster: The Richest Collection of Web Themes and 24/7 Tech Support
Advantages of TemplateMonster
1. The biggest advantage of TemplateMonster is the richest collection of website templates that contains 26,000+ items. This is the marketplace to go in case you want to have a choice between WordPress Themes, Joomla Templates, PrestaShop Themes, Magento Themes, WooCommerce Themes, and Moto CMS Templates. Neatly organized into thematic categories (for instance, Business & Services, Design & Photography etc.), website templates from TemplateMonster are easy to navigate. What is more, you can optimize the search for the web templates with handy tags like ‘On Sale’, ‘Top Rated’, ‘New’ etc.
2. One more benefit of using website templates from TemplateMonster is their superb tech support. For starters, it is free. Also, it is available via different communication channels. You can talk to tech support managers on the phone, chat with them, or submit a ticket. What is more, the tech support team is available 24/7, even on bank holidays (!).
3. As soon as you add a web template you like to the shopping cart, you will be offered to buy some extra features. For instance, once you choose to buy Monstroid2, you will see a long list that contains services like Prime SEO Pack, Web Copywriting Services, the Logo Creation etc. Do not be mistaken – you do not have to buy any of these additional features to launch a website successfully (even though it may seem you have to). In order not to get lost in this abundance, click on “Learn more” or contact a tech support manager (available for free 24/7). This way you can double-check whether you will need any of these features in your specific case. One more way to deal with all these additional features is to play cool and skip them altogether.
4. As TemplateMonster has become the international marketplace, it is not a wonder their templates go hand in hand with the powerful language support. English, French, Spanish, Russian, Deutsch, Japanese, Swedish, Italian, Dutch, Ukrainian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Polish are some options to choose from.
Disadvantages of TemplateMonster
The pricing policy of TemplateMonster is overall affordable. You can find a template for as little as $10+. But what if to compare these prices with Elegant Themes? Well, let’s face it – it is hard to compete with Elegant Themes where you get the access to 87 themes for $89!
Elegant Themes: Simplicity Above All
Advantages of Elegant Themes
1. The main advantage of Elegant Themes is their straightforward pricing policy. There are only two options to choose from, i.e. Yearly Access and Lifetime Access. No matter what plan you pick, you will enjoy all the themes and all the plugins available. Great, right?
2. One more advantage of Elegant themes is the simple licensing policy. All products from this theme house can be used on as many websites as you need. Sure thing, this is especially handy for web developers with the constant flow of web projects.
Disadvantages of Elegant Themes
1. Elegant Themes offer only WordPress themes. Yes, it is true that WordPress is the in-thing these days. But we all know how quickly the web universe evolves. We also understand that WordPress is limited in its potential as this cms was originally designed as a blogging instrument. You would not want to use WordPress as a platform to start an online store (if given a choice), would you? In addition, there are only 87 themes to choose from. So, in order to keep up with the latest trends in the web design, you may need to get a bit more sophisticated with the web themes you opt for.
2. Not all templates you find on Elegant themes are mobile-friendly. In fact, only about ¼ of templates available are responsive. It remains an open question who needs a website that looks odd and unwelcoming on a mobile or a tablet these days. In practice, it means that you pay for 80+ themes but can actually use only 22 that are responsive.
3. The tech support from Elegant Themes can use some improvement in terms of the live communication. The live chat is available only on weekdays. It means that the best time to start launching your website is on Monday at 8 am sharp. This way you can make sure you have someone to turn to if things get messy (which they can).
To recap, here is what we have come up with after contrasting TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes.
We sincerely hope that this comparison post has shed light on the most apparent differences between TemplateMonster and Elegant Themes. So, now that you know everything you need, it is time to make the best of this information. Make a choice wisely and start your online adventure with the best web template services!
How to Decide the Right Budget for Your Website Design?
I have met many small business owners who find it difficult to understand the pricing structure for website designing and development services. They request quote from various website designing firms, including freelancers, and find a huge variation in their pricing. Such varied range of quotes for the same services can be baffling, making it even more difficult for them to arrive at the right budget for their project. This blog is intended to help business owners understand the variables at play for determining a budget for website design and development.
Website Designing Business
Website design is a service that requires coherent efforts by a team of skilled professionals from multiple disciplines. While it is hard to determine the exact cost of a website as it depends on a number of factors such as location, qualification and size of service provider, you can definitely get an approximate value if you know how pricing is decided.
Based on your requirement, most firms calculate the number of man hours required to complete the project. A website designed in 100 hours would be expensive than a website which can be designed in 50 man hours.
Components of Website Costing:
- Domain Registration fee: Typically, the domain registration cost for a .com domain name is USD 10. The charges for other extensions vary a little.
- Website Designing and Development fee: The cost for this aspect of website design varies widely and depends on several factors such as look and feel, functionality, backend technology, multiple device compatibility, data security, location and qualification of service provider, and loading time of the website.
Let us look at each of these factors separately and see how they affect the cost of a website:
a. Look & Feel – If your website designing firm takes a standard free template from internet, they should charge less. Taking a standard template from net and customizing it as per your requirement should cost anywhere around USD 100-150. However, if you opt for custom design, which uniquely displays your business information, you will definitely have to shell out more money. The cost for having a website designed with a unique look and feel can be anywhere around USD 300-500.
b. Functionality – The functionality aspects make your website intelligent or dumb. Here is a list of common functionalities and cost associated with them:
- Static Website – USD 50-100
- Dynamic Website – USD 200-300
- Dynamic Portfolio Showcase – USD 150-250
- Payment Gateway Integration – USD 200
- Social Media Integration – USD 50-150
c. Device Compatibility – We are living in an era of smartphones and tabs, so your website must be equipped to provide seamless browsing experience across all devices. In technical terms, it is known as a responsive website. The cost for enabling this functionality is between USD 150 and 300.
d. Technology – Backend technology plays a crucial role in keeping your data secure and reducing the website’s load time. This aspect is a little difficult to quantify, as there are several web technologies available and no minimum cost associated with them. Please contact us to know how this can impact user experience and costing for your website. However, SME business owners looking to create a corporate website don’t need to bother with this aspect.
e. Experience of Service Provider – A new and inexperienced service provider may agree to work on a lower budget as they need new projects to build their portfolio. If you are lucky, you may get quality work done; however, most of the times this depreciated cost of services results in a disaster.
3. Content Development Charges
The cost of content development depends on the number of words. A freelancer may charge up to USD 10 per 1000 words, where as an established company could charge around USD 40 per 1000 words.
4. Hosting Fee
Hosting fee for a corporate website can be around USD 60-100 per annum.
Web Designing Cost Overview
||Approximate Cost Range (in USD)
||Design – Standard Template
||Design – Custom
||Dynamic Portfolio Showcase
||Social Media Integration