Digital Marketers are always busy! Busy trying to find the most efficient ways to build an online presence, reach the influencers, generate leads, create a community, and make their content viral. Welcome to the era of ‘Online Brand Warfare.’ The one who reaches the maximum number of targeted ‘Netizens’ wins!
This Digital Race to build brands that make an impact has bred state-of-art tools and softwares. In this article, we are going to review one such tool that is currently making a buzz. It is Ninja Outreach.
What is Ninja Outreach?
Ninja Outreach is an ‘Influencer and Blogger Marketing Outreach Software’ being used by individuals, small businesses, and Digital Marketing Agencies alike. But this is just a definition to define Ninja Outreach functions. The software has much more to offer depending upon individual needs. And yes, these offerings are powerful.
This tool has been primarily designed for anyone who needs influencer and outreach needs. Needless to say, this consists of Marketing Agencies, Digital PR firms, SEO Agencies, Businesses, Lead generators, journalists, email marketers, link builders, campaign managers, etc.
It allows its users to build email lists, email-integration, Social Media Outreach, and an opportunity to build mass exposure via its simple and intuitive online platform. Without waiting any further, let us take a detailed review of Ninja Outreach. We will begin by knowing why Outreach Tools may be crucial for you, and how well Ninja Outreach fits your needs!
Why Outreach Softwares?
There is a plethora of Outreach and Marketing softwares on the internet. They must be solving a serious challenge for a significant amount of people. That said, an Outreach tool/software can provide the following benefits.
- Saves Time- All this while you were busy performing searches on Google to make a list of relevant bloggers, businesses, and individuals for your next campaign. You scanned your Social Media accounts to find the most followed and liked pages. The process was manual and tedious (Yet worthy!). What an Outreach software will do for you is Save that precious time. With a single dashboard, you can manage all of these tasks.
- Easy Management- You might have been using Google Sheets, Docs and some other task manager app/tool. Juggling between so many tabs and windows is simply annoying! With an Outreach software, there is only one dashboard (And that’s all!).
- Quick Analytics- An Outreach tool will provide you with relevant and quick analytics to grow your ‘Influencer Marketing’ list. Social Media stats, domain and page ranking are just to name a few.
- Multiple Campaign Management- Right! With an efficient Outreach tool, you can manage as many campaigns and leads you want via a single control dashboard.
Above-mentioned points make the Marketing Outreach tools look like a promising proposition. As this article focuses on Ninja Outreach, let us find out whether it is worth it?
Ninja Outreach Features And Functioning: A Detailed Review
Let us begin by listing features and functioning embedded in Ninja Outreach software. We will simultaneously discuss these list points so that you get a fair idea of what this tool is all about.
Exploring the Platform
Ninja Outreach – Top-Left Menu
Once you log in to your Ninja Outreach Account, you will see four options
Home Button- The leftmost button (Green-white mailer icon) is the home button. Pressing it will take you back to your default dashboard (Where you landed when you logged in first).
Lists- The second tab says ‘Lists.’ This is from where you can access all of your lists and leads. This tab has 2 options, Lists of Leads & Your Leads. These options are pretty self-explanatory. The ‘Lists of Leads’ option will display all of the lists that you have created
Ninja Outreach – Lists of Leads Page
Ninja Outreach – Your Leads Option with a Search bar
Import & Select All Lists Buttons- You may have noticed the Green ‘Import’ button
Search Tab- The Third option in the top menu bar is ‘Search.’ And this is where things get exciting! Ninja Outreach Search tab provides you with six options. They are as follows;
Ninja Outreach – Promotion opportunities’ Search Bar
- Promotion Opportunities
- Instagram Influencers
- Twitter Influencers
- Most Shared Content
- Find Leads
- Email Finder
Clicking on Promotion Opportunities option will open-up a menu that looks like this.
Ninja Outreach – Search Bar
This option allows the user to search for online promotion opportunities to promote their content. In the search bar, you can enter the relevant keywords, and hit the Green ‘Search Button.’ The results will get displayed below.
To the right of the search bar, there are four checkbox options, Blogger, Influencer, Company, and Article. As a user, you can modify your search results by checking on these boxes. For example, if you enter the keyword ‘Online Food Delivery,’ and check the ‘Blogger’ box, then the results displayed will contain the list of bloggers. Same goes for the other three options. If you are looking for a list of businesses relevant to your keyword, then checking on the ‘Company’ box will display the desired results.
The ease of the search options and custom search results for list building makes Ninja Outreach a super-handy tool for campaign list building.
Coming down, beneath the four checkboxes, there are two options, Filter & Sort By. This is one feature of Ninja Outreach that we liked the most. These options allow for a highly-relevant and targeted list building. Let us see what these options offer the user!
Clicking on the filter button allows access to advanced search result filter options. Once you click on the ‘Filter’ button, the following options appear.
Ninja Outreach – Filter Menu
The filter menu contains Eleven options that can be customized individually by the user, depending upon what kind of list is to be built. These eleven fields are explained as follows;
- Name- Within the ‘Name’ field, the user can select either the ‘Has Name’ option or the ‘Doesn’t Have Name’ option. This option will modify the search result, and will show the domains that contain a valid name or not.
- Email & Contact- This field can be modified according to seven conditions. These are ‘Has Email Address,’ ‘Has Contact Url,’ ‘Has Either,’ ‘Has Both,’ Has Neither,’ ‘No Email Address’ and ‘No Contact Url.’ Whatever you select, the result will be modified accordingly.
- All Featured Pages- This is a particularly useful field we found out in Ninja Outreach. This field enables you to get custom ‘page’ results according to
eight pagetypes. These are ‘Giveaways,’ ‘Guest Posts,’ ‘Infographics,’ ‘Interviews,’ ‘Podcast,’ ‘Product Reviews,’ ‘Resource Page,’ and ‘Sponsored Post.’ For example, if you are looking for high DA websites which publish interviews in a particular niche, just select ‘Interviews’ option.
- Top Level Domains- This field helps you filter the search results on the basis of Domain extensions. You can modify the results on the basis of .com, .edu, .gov, .uk, etc.For example, if you are searching for leads related educational institutions, .edu domain filter will help you get their faster.
- Followers- The ‘Followers’ field allows you to select a Social Media platform, and customize search results according to the number of followers of a particular lead on that platform. You can select between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube. Beneath the channel selection list, there is (almost invisible!) a ‘Selector’ scale. This scale will enable you to set the minimum and maximum number of followers on a particular platform for a particular result.
Ninja Outreach – Followers Field in Filter option
- Shares Per Post- Similarly, the ‘Shares Per Post’ option will allow you list the results according to the minimum and maximum number of shares a post has (Refer the above picture).
Ninja Outreach – Filter table all fields
- Domain Authority- Looking for websites, blogs, and platforms with high DA? Ninja Outreach makes it easy with its ‘Domain Authority’ Selector scale.
- Moz Rank- You can modify the keyword search results according to minimum and maximum Moz Ranking.
- Backlinks- Higher the number of backlinks an influencer has, the better authority it holds in a niche. You can customize the search results according to this condition as well.
- Page Authority- The user can customize search results according to their domain page ranking as well.
- Alexa Ranking- All the search results can be customized according to their Alexa ranking.
*Note: This is Something Ninja Outreach Needs to Improve!
It can be seen in the filter table that the fields can be modified with a ‘Selector Scale’ (The Green Bar). However, if they are inactive, they are almost invisible. Notice the ‘Domain Authority’ field selector, and then take a look at ‘Page Authority’ and ‘Alexa’ fields. The inactive selectors are present, but are very hard to locate until you hover the mouse over them! Ninja Outreach, please fix this.
‘Sort By’ Button
The ‘Sort By’ button is a simple function. Once the results are displayed, you can sort them according to ‘Followers’ on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. Another sorting option is by ‘Metrics,’ i.e., Domain Authority, Page Rank, Moz Ranks, Backlinks, and Alexa Ranking.
Ninja Outreach gives you the option to target Instagram Influencers. The only difference you’ll find in this search option is the added ‘Exact Match’ checkbox next to search bar, ‘Journalist’ checkbox to the right of search button, and only one filter option i.e., ‘Number Of Followers.’
Ninja Outreach – Instagram Influencers Search Field
Just like the ‘Instagram Influencers’ option, you can search for ‘Twitter Influencers.’ The functioning and search fields are the same. The only difference is, in the ‘Filter’ menu, you can target the influencers according to their ‘Location.’
Ninja Outreach – Twitter Influencers Search Field.
‘Most Shared Content’ Option
Digital Marketers and Content Creators must keep up with the type of content being liked and shared by the audience in a niche. With Ninja Outreach, you can enter the keywords and find out the most shared content. Apart from the ‘Search Bar,’ you get to modify the results according to ‘Name,’ ‘Top Level Domain,’ ‘Followers’ on a given platform, and ‘Shares Per Post.’
Ninja Outreach – Most Shared Content Search Field.
‘Find Leads’ Option
This options allows you to search for leads quickly according to six quick custom fields. Apart from the search bar, you can select the ‘Name,’ ‘Email & Contact Url,’ ‘Followers,’ ‘All Featured Pages,’ ‘Top Level Domain,’ and ‘Share Per Post’ parameter.
Ninja Outreach – Find Leads Search Field.
‘Email Finder’ Option
Ninja Outreach has another great feature, the ‘Email Finder.’ Suppose you want to extract the official emails of a particular organization. Just find out that organization’s online domain, and click the Green search button. The result will display all the visible emails linked to that domain. For example, you need to find management and employee contacts at ‘Accenture.’ Just put in Accenture.com in the domain name! Et Voila! You are good to go.
The first name field is optional. To return more accurate email results, you can try this approach also. Once you’ve found the emails you were looking for, they can be directly saved into a ‘List’ or you can ‘Save All’ of them. This is what Ninja Outreach Email Finder field looks like.
Let us get started with the ‘Outreach’ Option.
This is where you manage your Outreach Campaigns. This main menu tab features three options, ‘Templates,’ ‘Inbox Mode,’ and ‘Autosending.’
Ninja Outreach has been developed to reduce time & efforts in any task related to Outreach management. ‘Templates’ serve this very purpose. If you are sending emails that has repetitive content, or has a same basic structure, you can customize a template. It can be used again and again without much efforts. There is no limit on the number of templates. Apart from this, Ninja Outreach comes with Seven example email templates commonly used for Outreach Campaigns.
We liked this feature as it saved most of the heavy & repetitive workload effectively!
Ninja Outreach – Email Templates
Another cool feature is the quick glimpse at Outbound Email Analytics. The emails sent through a particular template will tell you the number of ‘Sends,’ ‘Opens,’ ‘Clicks,’ and ‘Replies.’ This can be very useful in indicating about which email template is performing better, or to conduct a A/B Split test.
Ninja Outreach – Email Template Analytics Example.
‘Inbox Mode’ Option
As the name suggests, the ‘Inbox Mode’ allows the user to access inbound or received emails. Just click on the option and a new page will open-up. From here, you can get access to the leads responses.
For those punctual marketers who have a strong faith in email-marketing, the Autosending feature by Ninja Outreach can help you automate and schedule the email campaigns.
Ninja Outreach – Autosending Page
As the above-image displays, the user can customize all the fields depending upon the Campaign requirements. It is super-easy and flexible. Ninja Outreach gains a point here.
Ninja Outreach Account can be simply controlled with top-right main menu options. These are the ‘Bell Icon,’ and ‘Account Control’ (Signified by the initials of the user).
Ninja Outreach – Account Controls
- Bell Icon- The Bell Icon notifies the user for any activity via the dashboard. It tells you about your recent activities, lead responses, import activities, etc.
- Account Control Dropdown- The Account control dropdown features a list of user settings and information. First option is Team Members, followed by Options which contains ‘Settings,’ ‘Payment & Billing,’ ‘Download Chrome Extension’ options, followed by Our Services, Help, Upgrade, and Log Out options.
Ninja Outreach – Account Control Dropdown
Pretty neat features and controls!
There! We just saw what Ninja Outreach is capable of. Let us get a 360 degree view of this tool by analyzing its pros and cons.
Pros & Cons
Ninja Outreach is a thoughtfully designed piece of software that comes to save the day for many Digital Marketers and businesses across the globe. Let us start by listing the Pros of this software!
- Simple & Intuitive Dashboard- This software flaunts an intuitive, simple yet dynamic dashboard. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, using this platform is a cakewalk.
- Easy Leads Targeting- The Platform makes it easier to find prospects across all the niches from a single dashboard.
- Unlimited Lists- You can create as many lists as you want for different campaigns.
- Templates- Custom Email templates make it easier to automate repetitive content structure, thereby saving a lot of time.
- Powerful Filtering- This is perhaps Ninja Outreach’s best feature. With the powerful filtering options, finding highly-targeted prospects and influencers becomes simple.
- Quick Analytics and Metrics- Wherever it is required, Ninja Outreach provides the user with required analytics and metrics.
But not everything is Gold! We found some turn-offs by this piece of software. While pros may seem to weigh more, it is the Cons that actually decide the success for any tool. Take a look!
- Pricing- This was the prime reason for us to cancel Ninja Outreach’s annual subscription. While in the beginning we thought it will be a productive and effortless task-handler for us, it turns out that the cost outruns the benefits. In our humble opinion, the pricing for this amazing tool is too high. For example, their ‘SOLO’ plan is priced at $52/month, but lacks many features and comes with limits. You only get a quota of 1500 contacts/month, and a single user license. To add other team members and enhance the account functioning and features, you’ll have to upgrade to their higher package. The ‘PRO’ package starts at $74/month, ‘PRO PLUS’ at $187/month, and ‘ENTERPRISE’ at $599/month.
- We believe the pricing reduces chances for small businesses trying to build their presence.
- Annual billing on the first three plans is a deal-breaker. Small businesses and individuals are always looking for ways to minimize their overhead costs. Hence, a monthly billing would have given them the option to make a safe exit if they do not find the software useful.
- The Enterprise plan has an option to be billed annually, which altogether does not make sense. Large businesses can bear the annual costs easily, but the case seems to be reversed here.
- Filter Fields- This is not a Con per say, but requires attention. As pointed out earlier, the inactive Selector Scales look almost invisible. It would be nice if they can be ‘fairly’ visible to the user.
In Closing, we would like to say that Ninja Outreach is a fabulous tool for marketers. It comes power-packed with many useful features, and promises to save a lot of time. Whether you are looking for influencers on Social Media, B2B Leads, PR, or anything that involves outreach, Ninja Outreach enables you to undertake all these tasks seamlessly.
However, this software might not be for everyone, as is suggested by its subscription plan. For us, the costs outran the benefits and productivity. If there was a monthly billing plan, with at least a 40 Percent reduction in pricing, Ninja Outreach would have been our Go-to choice for marketing!