If you have been working steadily on your blog, and still not getting the desired traffic, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your approach. But you don’t have to worry. Getting traffic is not rocket science. Here are five easy tips to help you increase traffic on your blog.
- Be strategic about the content of your blog: There is no alternative to excellent content. You can achieve tangible results by merely enhancing the quality of your content. However, quality alone can’t get you there. You have to be more strategic with your efforts at content marketing. Your content should specific to a need. If you know your audience well enough, you will know what kind of content they want you to post. Your blogs can be funny, and witty, or educational and informative. Try finding the right balance between these two categories, and you will have a more diverse audience.
- Don’t hesitate to use keywords: If you want big-time traffic on your blog, then you must include SEO and keywords to your strategy. People get jittery about incorporating SEO techniques in their plan. But you must remember that SEO can do wonders for your blog when you do it the right way. Google will direct traffic to your blog, and the users will find all the information they are looking for on the web. The best thing about SEO is that you can link your blog to some of the other related blogs that you might have written on a particular subject.
- Targeting social networks correctly: While it is advisable to establish your presence across multiple social networks, you will soon begin to lose focus in your bid to excel with every social network. Try figuring out which social media network suits you the best. If your blog is heavy on visuals, you should post focus on LinkedIn. If your blog contains a social message, give your Facebook page some extra attention. You must figure out where the majority of takers of your content hang out and effectively target those platforms. Once you have identified your key networks, concentrate on them more. Ask your followers to share your content, so that your following keeps increasing.
- Optimize your page for speed: Your followers aren’t going to wait forever for your blog to load. If your page doesn’t come up fast, they will just hit the back button and move on to the next Google listing, which will most probably be that of your competitors’. Check out some of the WordPress plugins that will help you in creating a version of your blog that is specially optimized for a mobile device.
- Be friends with your competition: While this may sound weird, the truth is that building good relationships with your competitors will go a long way in establishing your dominance in your niche. Comment on blogs from bloggers in your field. Cite a blogger in one of your posts, and tag them in a tweet to let them know. The blogger will retweet and share that post that mentions them. Consequently, you will get more shares and traffic.